(Thanks, Mom!)
So when our guests opened their mailboxes, they were greeted by this:
A7 Envelope from Paper-Source in "Blossom" adorned with my handwriting in chocolate brown ink and some sweet postage stamps
The flap of the envelope was letterpressed with our return address by Kristin, at Twin Ravens Press.
I lined each of the envelopes with pink and white striped paper. (I created the stripes in Adobe Illustrator and printed them onto a shimmery pearl card stock I scored with a gift card at Office Depot!)
After opening the invitation, our guests found the invitation card, the reply card and envelope, and a MOO card of one of our engagement photos (with directions to our wedding web site on the reverse side.) I wrapped these elements together with vintage pink velvet ribbon purchased from various Etsy vendors. I hot glued the ribbon together and glued a silver wax seal in the center. (I'm not even going to attempt a tutorial on the wax seals, considering that I pretty much copied the Sewings' tutorial. Thanks guys!)
Here is our entire invitation suite. I designed the invitation using Adobe Illustrator. The fonts I chose are Feel Script and Academy Engraved. They were letterpressed with chocolate brown ink on Crane Lettra paper by the fabulous Kristin at Twin Ravens Press! Kristin was a joy to work with throughout the entire process!
And finally, some detail shots of our invitation, courtesy of Twin Ravens Press:
A fun little detail about our invitations is that I had Twin Ravens Press paint the edges of the invitation cards with silver ink. I'm well aware that there will be people who totally miss this, but it's still worth it to me! I love the subtle shimmer! It reminds me of gilded Bible pages!
These invitations were a true labor of love. I feel like they are so representative of what I want our wedding to feel like. I am so happy to finally be able to share them with you and with our guests!
Did you make your invitations all by yourself, collaborate with different artists, or rely completely on the professionals?

I realize I'm the only person that ever comments on the Blog, but wow! These are fabulous! They are 100% YOU! I'll be calling you up when I need some ideas for mine! :) I'm seriously impressed! These are gorgeous! (and I like the "Big Black" symbol at the top...google big black if you don't know what i'm talking about) haha! SO Super cute! They are so elegant and I feel like I already know what the wedding will be like upon gazing at these little beauties!
ReplyDelete