I also had a lot of fun playing around with postage stamps. I am kind of a closet philatelist. When I was a kid, I was in a stamp collecting club with my friend. Our moms used to drop us off at a local country club for meetings during the summer, where we would break out all of our albums and equipment. We were intense, right down to the magnifying glasses! Anyway, when I started running across the idea of using vintage stamps, on the pages of my favorite magazine, Martha Stewart Weddings, I was all over it!
Photo courtesy of Duet Weddings Blog
Our invitations ended up costing more than we expected to mail, ($1.04 a piece, what the heck, USPS???), so I ran out of vintage stamps and ended up using the wedding cake and wedding ring stamps on a lot of the invitations. Oh well. But I did go vintage stamp crazy on some:
Love it! And so did my bridesmaid, Julianne!
After all my hard work, it was kind of bittersweet to send my box of pink envelopes out into the world, all on their own! But I'm definitely a proud parent... and I've enjoyed collecting the little mini pink envelopes that have already started making their way back to my mailbox!
Next up, I'll show you what's inside the pink envelopes!
So, did you put as much thought into the outside of your invitations as I did? Did any of you attempt to address your envelopes yourself?

Dang girl! I wish I could comment on how my wedding is coming along without people thinking I'm crazy since the entire thing is sadly planned...all I need is that ring to seal this deal. Maybe When all is said and done, I'll come back and answer all of your fun questions! :D
ReplyDelete